- Stephanie Almonte
I must admit I was nervous too see a new doctor especially because I’ve never experienced anything of gastro... read more
- Shena Ashmore
Reviews Dr. Bansal was a great Dr. He was very professional and courteous with much attention to care. He was very... read more
- janet maresca
Reviews dr. bansal and staff is number 1 in my book. Moved to pa and hope i get another dr. like... read more
Dr. Rajiv Bansal: Servicing Suffolk County’s Digestive Health Needs
Do you think you might need to see a gastroenterologist in Suffolk County? If so, then you’ll definitely want to make an appointment with the physician that is hailed as a leading expert in digestive health: Dr. Rajiv Bansal. For more than 20 years, Dr. Bansal has been providing his patients with comprehensive, compassionate gastroenterology care. He’s the first doctor that health care professionals refer their patients to when they’re experiencing gastrointestinal (GI) problems.
What is a Gastroenterologist?
A gastroenterologist is a physician that specializes in maintaining and treating the GI tract. This medical professional will hold a medical degree from an accredited institution and will have completed a medical Residency and Fellowship in the field of gastroenterology. Through intensive tactical training, a GI doctor will have vast experience in diagnosing and treating conditions that affect the digestive tract, including the esophagus, the stomach, the large and small intestines, as well as the pancreas and liver.
A gastroenterologist also has extensive training and is skilled in providing endoscopic procedures, including colonoscopies and upper endoscopies; diagnostic treatments that evaluate the health of the GI tract and can be used to diagnose various conditions, such as cancer and Barrett’s esophagus.
In short, a gastroenterologist ensures that the health of the digestive system is in good standing, and diagnoses and treats any conditions that may be present.
When Should You See a Saint James, NY Gastroenterologist?
The gastrointestinal tract is one of the most important parts of the human body. It’s responsible for the digestion, which allows for the absorption of vital nutrients. Like any other system within the body, the GI tract can become damaged or diseased, which can affect your overall health. Since a gastroenterologist diagnoses and treats conditions of the GI tract, if any of the following apply to you, it’s important that you make an appointment with this medical specialist:
- You’re over the age of 50. The risk of colon cancer increases with age, which is why medical professionals suggest seeing a gastroenterologist for routine screenings once you reach the age of 50. Colon cancer rarely shows symptoms until it’s in an advanced stage, and at that point, it is difficult to treat. Early detection is vital for successful colon cancer treatment and regular colonoscopies can detect colon cancer in its early stages
- You’re experiencing bowel changes. If the frequency and type (constipation, diarrhea) of your bowel movements have changed and are not improving within a few days, making an appointment to see a GI specialist is a wise to rule out a condition of the digestive system.
- Rectal bleeding. Blood in the stool isn’t normal and should be checked out by a doctor. In most cases, it’s likely linked to minor problems, such as hemorrhoids or anal fissures, but it could be a symptom of a more severe underlying condition.
- Abdominal pain and bloating. If you’re experiencing intense, unexplained abdominal pain, or prolonged abdominal bloating, you should seek prompt medical care, it is maybe a sign of a serious problem.
- Chronic acid reflux. Acid reflux, or heartburn, isn’t always a cause for concern; but, if the burning sensation persists for a prolonged period of time, you could be suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), which may need to be monitored and managed by a medical professional.
These are just some of the factors that indicate you should schedule an appointment with a gastroenterologist. If you are experiencing any odd, off-putting symptoms that you believe are related to your digestive tract, it’s always in your best interest to see a doctor. It’s far better to err on the side of caution than to dismiss something that could potentially be a serious problem.
Dr. Rajiv Bansal: Providing Top-Notch Digestive Health Care
If you’re over the age of 50, are experiencing any of the above-mentioned problems – or any other symptoms that are causing concern – you’ll want to make sure that you are seen by an expert in the field of digestive health.
Dr. Rjaiv Bansal has been providing the Suffolk County community with exceptional gastrointestinal care for more than 20 years. He has an extensive background in the field of gastroenterology and has successfully completed more than 30,000 procedures to treat conditions of the GI tract. His private practice, Long Island Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Therapeutic Endoscopy Associates, has two convenient locations on Long Island: Syosset and New Hyde Park. Both offices are AAAASF certified endoscopy suites, where you can receive a thorough upper endoscopy or colonoscopy with the most cutting edge technologies. In a comfortable, private location.
Together with his staff of Board Certified Physician Assistants, Dr. Bansal will provide you with a thorough evaluation, an accurate diagnosis, and the most effective treatment options. Therapies are provided in-office or at St. Francis Hospital or North Shore Hospital.
When you’re in the care of Dr. Bansal and his staff, you will receive the highest level of care. The health and well-being of their patients are the top priority at Long Island Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Therapeutic Endoscopy Associates. You can put your full confidence in the comprehensive care that you’ll receive under the guidance of Dr. Rajiv Bansal and his team.
Improve Your Digestive Health: Schedule an Appointment Today!
Never undervalue the importance of your digestive health. Whether you’re experiencing symptoms that you’re concerned about or you’re interested in preventative care, schedule an appointment with Suffolk County’s most reputable gastroenterologist today: Dr. Rajiv Bansal. Call 516-437-6900 and an associate will be happy to assist you.
- Learn more about Saint James, NY 11780
- Open a Saint James, NY map
- Find the Saint James, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Saint James, NY pharmacies
- View the current Saint James, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Saint James, NY public and private schools
- Saint James, NY is located in Suffolk county in New York State