Dr. Rajiv Bansal: An Esteemed Suffolk County Gastroenterologist
Are you looking for a gastroenterologist in Miller Place, NY? Have you visited other digestive health specialists in the past but you weren’t happy with the care you received? Are you experiencing unpleasant gastrointestinal symptoms? Are you looking for a doctor that provides digestive health preventative screenings? Whatever the reason is, if you’re in need of a gastroenterologist in Suffolk County, look no further than Dr. Rajiv Bansal and his team at Long Island Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Therapeutic Endoscopy Associates.
The Importance of Gastrointestinal Health Care
Your digestive system plays a crucial role in your overall health and well-being. This complex system is comprised of a series of organs and is responsible for the digestion of food and absorption of nutrients. Proper functioning of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract relies on the proper functioning of the organs within the system. Like any other part of the body, the organs within the GI tract can become damaged and develop diseases. When issues arise within the system, your entire body can suffer.
In order to maintain your overall health, proper gastrointestinal care is a necessity. Routine screenings, such as endoscopies and colonoscopies, can diagnosis conditions, such as cancer, in the early stages so that the necessary treatment that is needed to restore your health can be provided. Symptoms that are affecting the GI tract can be assessed, diagnosed, and treated by a gastroenterologist. In other words, seeing a doctor that specializes in gastroenterology is vital for your overall health and well-being.
Reasons to See a Gastroenterologist
As mentioned, preventative care through routine screenings, such as endoscopies and colonoscopies, are the most effective way to assess the health of your GI tract. With routine screenings, any issues that may exist can be diagnosed at an early stage so that proper treatment can be provided. Regular colonoscopies are recommended for individuals who are 50 years of age and older, as the risk of colorectal cancer increases with age.
Even with preventative care, symptoms can arise between screenings or before the age of 50 that could indicate a problem with the GI tract and necessitate a visit to a gastroenterologist. Some of these symptoms include:
- Abnormal bowels. Though it’s a topic that many people prefer not to discuss, bowel movements are a key indicator of your overall health. If you’re experiencing any changes in your bowel movements, such as constipation, diarrhea, or narrowing of the stools, and those changes are not subsiding, it could be a sign of a problem within the GI tract.
- Frequent bouts of heartburn. Heartburn is fairly common, and generally, it’s not a cause for concern. However, if you find that you are experiencing heartburn on a regular basis, it could be a sign that you are suffering from a condition that is affecting your GI tract. Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and Barrett’s Esophagus are two conditions that frequent heartburn is often attributed with; in more severe cases, chronic heartburn could be a sign of esophageal cancer. If you feel like your chest is constantly on fire, regardless of what you eat, and over-the-counter medications are providing little solace, it could be a sign of a problem.
- Bloody stools. While it’s not the most pleasant topic of conversation, rectal bleeding can be an indication of a serious medical problem; hence, it’s important to be aware of. Blood in the stool is not normal and is a sign that something is wrong. The cause could something minor, such as hemorrhoids or an anal fissure; but, it could be a sign of a serious problem within the GI tract, such as cancer.
- Difficulty swallowing. If you are having a hard time swallowing, you feel as if food is trapped in your throat, or experience pain when you swallow, it could be an indication that you’re suffering from a condition in the GI tract. Known as dysphagia, difficulty swallowing can be a sign of a variety of medical conditions, including gastrointestinal disease.
- Abdominal problems. Pain and bloating in the abdomen aren’t uncommon, and often, they aren’t a cause for concern; however, if you are experiencing pain and bloating on a regular basis, especially after eating, or if the swelling and pain is accompanied by bowel movements that are difficult to pass and/or nausea, there could be something amiss in the GI tract.
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, or if you are 50 years of age or older, you should make an appointment with a gastroenterologist as soon as possible.
Comprehensive Digestive Health Care
From preventive health care to the diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal disorders and diseases, Dr. Rajiv Bansal has been providing comprehensive digestive health care for patients throughout Suffolk County for more than 20 years.
With an extensive background in gastroenterology, Dr. Bansal is regarded as a leading gastroenterologist in Miller Place, NY. During his career, he has served as an esteemed gastroenterologist at North Shore University Hospital, and he now has his own private practice; Long Island Gastroenterology, Hepatology, & Therapeutic Endoscopy. Through Dr. Bansal’s private practice, he and his staff of Board Certified Physician Assistants, provide comprehensive digestive health care.
At both of his offices (one located in New Hyde Park and one in Syosset), both of which feature AAAASF certified endoscopy suites, patients can receive exceptional care in a private and safe environment. Dr. Bansal and his staff make every effort to ensure the comfort of their patients and ensure that they are well-informed regarding their health. They offer accurate diagnosis of gastrointestinal disorders and diseases and depending on the necessary therapies, treatments can be provided in-office or at North Shore Hospital or St. Francis Hospital.
For Exceptional Digestive Health Care, Contact Dr. Bansal Today!
Whether you need a routine screening or you are experiencing symptoms of gastrointestinal health problems, you’ll want to choose a gastroenterologist with a proven track record of success. As an esteemed expert in the field of gastroenterology, Dr. Bansal and his team at Long Island Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Therapeutic Endoscopy Associates provide exceptional digestive health care. Dial 516-437-6900 to schedule an appointment today!
- Learn more about Miller Place, NY 11764
- Open a Miller Place, NY map
- Find the Miller Place, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Miller Place, NY pharmacies
- View the current Miller Place, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Miller Place, NY public and private schools
- Miller Place, NY is located in Suffolk county in New York State